Things to do prior to Removal Day:
- Inform banks, building society’s etc. of your new address.
- Inform gas, electricity and telephone companies of your new address.
- Inform the DVLA, insurance companies etc. of your new address.
- Contact the Benefits office with details of your new address.
- Inform doctor, dentist etc. of your new address.
Things to do on the Removal Day:
- Read gas and electric meters and phone through the readings.
- Leave all keys for the new owners and alarm codes if applicable.
- Leave a forwarding address for the new owners.
Important Things to do for your Removal Company on the Day:
- Ensure you have at least three car spaces at the front of your property so that the removal vehicle can park.
- Advise neighbors that a large vehicle will be in the street. This avoids any unnecessary problems with access etc.
- Disconnect your washing machine so that it is ready to be moved.
- If coming to storage ensure freezers are defrosted and appliances are all cleaned.